Explore waterfalls, hot springs, volcanoes, & more!
Looking for the ultimate adventure in one of the most stunning countries in Central America? Look no further than my Costa Rica adventure travel guides! As someone who has personally spent over a month exploring this beautiful country, I know firsthand just how amazing Costa Rica can be for adventure-seekers.
That’s why I’ve poured dozens of hours of research and my own in-person experience into my comprehensive guides, so you can make the most of your time in this breathtaking destination. These guides are all about self-guided adventure travel. Aka packed with activities like off-the-radar waterfalls, hot springs, hiking trails, swimming holes, and unique accommodations.
In all my guides, I share:
- EXACT locations on an interactive in-app map (that links to your phone’s Google or Apple Maps to take you directly there)
- Hidden gems that I do not share the names of on social Media and have found through hours and hours of research
- My not-sponsored, honest opinions on places that I have personally been and know well
- Suggested accommodation options with direct links to book straight from the guide including where I personally stayed
- Information, links and resources to everything you need to plan your trip all in one place!
Find the right Costa Rica Guide for your trip below!
You can also find a guide demo, customer testimonials, and an FAQ section (including instructions on how to use the Thatch app) below!
The Ultimate Costa Rica Adventure Guide
This is my full 7 to 10-day ultimate adventure itinerary that covers 3 regions: La Fortuna, Santa Teresa, and Dominical/Uvita. These areas encompass a wide variety of advenutres and experinces such as waterfalls, hot springs, hikes, beaches, island hopping, and more! It includes:
- 35+ accomodation suggestions including where I stayed myself (think private pools, treehouses, outdoor bathtubs, luxury glamping, and volcano vistas)
- 13 waterfall locations from famous falls with gatorade blue waters to hidden gems that I had completely to myself!
- 4 hot springs experiences (ranging from luxury to budget to even free)
- 4 hiking destinations (think national parks full of wildlife, hanging canopy bridges, & volcano views)
- 7 beautiful beaches (including well-known surfing beaches)
- plus so many other activities including ATV rentals, horsebackriding on the beach, boat tours to bioluminescent bays, island day trips, step-by-step ferry instructions, and more!
- Exclusive Costa Rica mobile photo preset
A guide to La Fortuna, Costa Rica
This is a regional guide great for a shorter trip and specific to the La Fortuna area of Costa Rica, aka the adventure capital! La Fortuna is home to a variety of natural wonders including waterfalls, volcanoes, lush rainforests, & hot springs. It includes:
- 15+ accomodation suggestions including where I stayed myself (think treehouses, outdoor bathtubs, luxury glamping and volcano vistas)
- 6 waterfall destinations (including one where you can access 7 different waterfalls all in one place)
- 4 hot spring experinces (ranging from luxury to budget to even a free option)
- 2 hiking trails (hanging canopy bridge and volcano views)
- Exclusive Costa Rica mobile photo preset
Note: the Ultimate Costa Rica Guide is a combination of all 3 regional guides plus the waterfall guide, so if you purchase the Ultimate Guide, you DO NOT need to pruchase the La Fortuna Guide
Costa Rica Waterfalls
This is a short and sweet guide which is the perfect addition to your trip if you’re somone who likes to plan your own trip but youre looking for help when it comes to Costa Rica’s many magnificent waterfalls! I’ve done all the waterfall research for you and put in one place. It includes:
- 13 waterfall locations – if you want to know both the famous waterfall locations as well as the best places to get a waterfall completely to yourself!
Note: the Ultimate Costa Rica Guide is a combination of all 3 regional guides plus the waterfall guide, so if you purchase the Ultimate Guide, you DO NOT need to pruchase the others.
“This guide helped me plan a spectacular trip to Costa Rica. This was my first solo trip outside of Europe, and all of the recs and insights were golden nuggets! I not only saved hours of planning time, I felt confident and safe enough to logistically get around a foreign country without knowing the customs and language (yet!). I’m so grateful for this itinerary and will definitely be using more from Kat!”
“Loved you guide, we’re def going to stay in one fo the Santa Teresa airbnbs you had in it. And I think were going to do nayara gardens in La fortuna. I haven’t dove deep into the excursion/activity and food piece of the guide yet but the bioluminescent kayak looks awesome along with volcano and waterfalls of course”
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to download the Thatch App to use the guides?
While it is not required to download the Thatch app, it is highly recommended! Not only is the Thatch app free to download, but it also makes the guides mobile friendly meaning you can take your guide with you on the go! Downloading the mobile app allows you to use the interactive map feature, save the guides to your library and easily access all of the links I include! You can download the Thatch app here. It works on both iOS and Android systems. You can view the guides via your web browser if you would like to explore the guides first before downloading the app 🙂
What kind of travel budget do the guides cater to?
While my guides are built to be flexible in order to cater to a variety of budgets, I focus on the lower to mid-range budget category since that is how I travel! The guides allow you to choose your accomodations and activities so that you can control where and what you want to put your budget towards. The location of the guide iteself also contributes to total travel budget.
The majority of activities I include have a low entrance fee or are free, but I also include a few more expensive activities options as well if that is your style. For accomodations, I typically include a variety of Airbnb options, boutique hotels, hostels, and glamping experinces ranging from $50 a night to $250 a night (with the majority falling in the middle).
However, I do think if you are looking for high-end vacations with luxury resorts, yatch trips, and private jet transportation – these are probably not for you!
Is it a strict itinerary I have to follow?
No! While I do suggest the number of days to spend at each location to get a good experince, these are flexbile, self-guided trips and are in no-way a strict itinerary. They are designed for you to pick and choose what you want to do each day and for how long you go for. I provide TONS of activities at each location so that you can pick ones that align best with you/fit your timing!
Do you update the guides?
Yes! These are living guides – which means you will receive all updates to the guides thatt I provide after you purchase them. I plan on updating the guides whenever I acquire new information or experinces related to the location 🙂
Do I only have access to the guides for a specific amount of time?
You will have lifetime access to the guides aka for as long as the app and I are around (hopefully a very long time!)
Are any of your guides sponsored?
Nope! All of these guides are straight from me – meaning they are all my unfilitered opinion and experinces! If I include any kind of affliate link or a company I have worked with, I will make sure to call that out so that you know!
Have you been to all of these places?
Yes! I only create guides on places I have personally been and know well. Within the guides, I include both activities that I have done myself as well as those that are on my bucketlist for next time I visit (since I don’t always have time to do everything on my list)! I will always call out the ones I have not done yet and provide you the exact resources you need to experience them yourself!
Can I get a refund?
Unfortunatley, becuase this is a digital product, I do not offer refunds. However, I do include a feedback link in each guide and would love to know what I can improve on in the guides to make them better for you!
Let’s Work together
All images © 2020 Kathryn Bennett. All rights reserved.