the freedom to explore oahu’s beauty from the comfort of your mobile accommodation!
The Hawaiian island and tropical paradise of Oahu is best known for its beautiful beaches, warm blue waters, plethora of incredible hikes, stunning mountain landscapes, lush greenery, and vibrant surf culture. Now imagine: roaming the island in your own camper van rental… Waking up to the sounds of the ocean, setting up camp near the beach, and spending your days cruising around to one of Oahu’s incredible hikes, beaches, and surf spots – sound pretty nice? Then this guide is for you!
I have spent hours of planning, research, and my in-person experience (I’ve visited Oahu over 7 times now & have done this exact camper van vacation myself) that I poured into this comprehensive travel guide! This guide is all about self-guided adventure travel. Aka its not only packed with logistics on how to van camp on Oahu LEGALLY but also with activities like iconic hikes, stunning beaches, and boat excursions.
In all my guides, I share:
- EXACT locations on an interactive in-app map (that links directly to your phone’s Google or Apple Maps)
- Hidden gems that I do not share the names of on social Media and have found through hours and hours of research
- My not-sponsored, honest opinions on places that I have personally been and know well
- Suggested accommodation options with direct links to book straight from the guide including where I personally stayed
- Information, links and resources to everything you need to plan your trip all in one mobile-friendly place that you can access straight from your phone!
Check out the exact details of everything that is included in my Oahu Camper Van guide below!
You can also find testimonials and an FAQ section (including instructions on how to use the Thatch app) below!
Oahu, Hawaii: How to Plan an Epic Camper Van Vacation
This guide will show you how to easily and LEGALLY plan a campervan vacation to the island of Oahu. Here’s exactly what you can expect in the guide:
- Instructions and insider tips on how to legally plan your camper van vacation
- 10+ camper van rental options with a variety of amenities to choose from including the exact van I used
- 7 different campsite suggestions around the island that are set up specifically for camper vans (all come with bathrooms!!) including the place that I stayed (& loved!) during my own trip
- Over a dozen of my favorite outdoor activities (including 7 hikes, 6 must-visit beaches, my favorite tours for swimming with wild dolphins and snorkeling with sharks, how to kayak or boat to the ocean sandbar, and surfboard lessons/rentals)
- 10+ of my favorite island eateries
- A mini-guide to Waikiki including my favorite hotels, food spots, and things to do
- Educational resources & information on how to be a responsible traveler when visiting the islands of Hawaii
“I just got the guide, it’s amazing! It is really complete and provides a lot of information and options. What I love most about the guide is that it is really well explained.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to download the Thatch App to use the guides?
While it is not required to download the Thatch app, it is highly recommended! Not only is the Thatch app free to download, but it also makes the guides mobile friendly meaning you can take your guide with you on the go! Downloading the mobile app allows you to use the interactive map feature, save the guides to your library and easily access all of the links I include! You can download the Thatch app here. It works on both iOS and Android systems. You can view the guides via your web browser if you would like to explore the guides first before downloading the app 🙂
What kind of travel budget do the guides cater to?
While my guides are built to be flexible in order to cater to a variety of budgets, I focus on the lower to mid-range budget category since that is how I travel! The guides allow you to choose your accomodations and activities so that you can control where and what you want to put your budget towards. The location of the guide iteself also contributes to total travel budget.
The majority of activities I include have a low entrance fee or are free, but I also include a few more expensive activities options as well if that is your style. For accomodations, I typically include a variety of Airbnb options, boutique hotels, hostels, and glamping experinces ranging from $50 a night to $250 a night (with the majority falling in the middle).
However, I do think if you are looking for high-end vacations with luxury resorts, yatch trips, and private jet transportation – these are probably not for you!
Is it a strict itinerary I have to follow?
No! While I do suggest the number of days to spend at each location to get a good experince, these are flexbile, self-guided trips and are in no-way a strict itinerary. They are designed for you to pick and choose what you want to do each day and for how long you go for. I provide TONS of activities at each location so that you can pick ones that align best with you/fit your timing!
Do you update the guides?
Yes! These are living guides – which means you will receive all updates to the guides thatt I provide after you purchase them. I plan on updating the guides whenever I acquire new information or experinces related to the location 🙂
Do I only have access to the guides for a specific amount of time?
You will have lifetime access to the guides aka for as long as the app and I are around (hopefully a very long time!)
Are any of your guides sponsored?
Nope! All of these guides are straight from me – meaning they are all my unfilitered opinion and experinces! If I include any kind of affliate link or a company I have worked with, I will make sure to call that out so that you know!
Have you been to all of these places?
Yes! I only create guides on places I have personally been and know well. Within the guides, I include both activities that I have done myself as well as those that are on my bucketlist for next time I visit (since I don’t always have time to do everything on my list)! I will always call out the ones I have not done yet and provide you the exact resources you need to experience them yourself!
Can I get a refund?
Unfortunatley, becuase this is a digital product, I do not offer refunds. However, I do include a feedback link in each guide and would love to know what I can improve on in the guides to make them better for you!
Let’s Work together
All images © 2020 Kathryn Bennett. All rights reserved.